With a career spanning 25 years, Laura has edited books for publishing houses and clients, and held editor positions for business, parenting, and healthcare magazines. She can be hired as a freelance writer, editor, ghost writer, or writing coach. Please inquire for individual rates.
As a freelance journalist, Laura has been published in The New York Times, Inc., Forbes, Fit Pregnancy, Parenting, Parents, LA Times and Atlanta Journal & Constitution. She has held editing positions for various publications and online communities, including parenting and pregnancy editor with Real Girls Media (bought by Meredith Corp.) and columnist with Fit Pregnancy magazine. Articles and blog posts have led to interviews and appearances on HuffPost, Yahoo, ABC News, CNNfn, The Queen Latifah Show and Dr. Drew’s Lifechanger’s show. As a consultant, Laura worked with WIT Strategy, a New York boutique firm writing opinion pieces for CEOs placed in Inc, Wired, and Forbes. As a writing and editing consultant, Laura has edited books for a variety of clients in the genres of self-help, memoir, spiritual, pregnancy, and parenting.
A variety of Laura’s recent healthcare articles can be found here:
- Pulse Magazine
- Stroke Diagnosis Gets High Tech
When Doctors Become Patients
- 360 Degrees of Cancer Care
- Staying In The Game: ESPN correspondent, Shelley Smith, a four-time Emmy-winning reporter and author of three books shares her inspiring story of navigating breast cancer and finding recovery and, even dance!
- 8 Ways To Get Your Kids to Talk To You.
- Fit Pregnancy’s “Is Your Dude a Dadzilla?”
- “Beat The Four Biggest Stresses” (in pregnancy)
- “Navigating Autism”
- Match Point: How this healthy Southern California volleyball player almost lost his life…Know the signs for heart disease.
- Paying It Forward: Looking for ways to help your family volunteer together, this Los Angeles article is for you!
- “A New Lease on Life,”
- “Be Still My Beating Heart”