Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
From the Kitchen of MaryAnn Roe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups cut rhubarb
- 1 pie crust mix
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
Combine sugar, tapioca, salt, nutmeg, orange juice and rhubarb. Place in 9 inch pie pan, lined with pastry. Top with strawberries/rhubarb mix and dot with butter. Cover with remaining pastry (pie crust).
“I prefer rolling pastry, cutting stripes and making a lattice top. If you cover fruit completely with pastry, make air vents,” wrote my mother on her recipe card. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.
This is my absolute favorite summer dessert that my mom used to make. There’s something wonderful about the sour mixed with the sweetness. ENJOY!!!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie (kitchenspirations.com)
- Eat This Now: Rhubarb (news.health.com)
- Rhubarb Custard Pie for Rita (petalumapie.wordpress.com)
- Rhubarb Slush (someoneleftthecakeoutintherain.wordpress.com)
the pie looks and sounds awesome!
this looks delicious…we’ll have to try it out over the weekend 🙂
xx ~ tdl
Pingback: Pieday Friday: Vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Pie | The Hearty Herbivore